Between December 1-3, 2020, CCIVS organised the online Networking Meeting of the EMpowering Youth – Improving Capacity for Euromed Youth Projects, funded by the Anna Lindh Foundation and the European Union. The partners discussed and shaped together the activities outlines, including a Webinars series on project management for young activists in March 2021, a residential Training for Trainers in Morocco in May 2021 and the involvement of participants in Local Actions implemented by the partners in the summer of 2021, the Digital Platform and an Online Conference that will disseminate the digital productions of the activities and will promote intercultural dialogue, volunteering and non-formal education.
EMpowering Youth – Improving Capacity for Euromed Youth Projects is a project coordinated by the CCIVS that aims to improve the management and coordination skills of youth organisations and young trainers for future EuroMed projects, developing also innovative online tools to ensure participation and promote volunteering. The partners of this project are ACC (Morocco), Baladna (Israel); Concordia UK; PCMRD (Palestine), SCI Catalunya, SCI Hellas (Greece), Space SD (Jordan).
The project includes online and residential activities to be implemented within an 11-month timeline:
- an online networking meeting in November 2020 to define the next steps and the role of each partner;
- a series of 4 one-day capacity-building webinars in March 2021 to provide project management skills to 14 young staff members and youth workers;
- a residential Training for Trainers planned in Morocco in May 2021 to equip 16 young trainers with skills to coordinate EuroMed NFE activities;
- an online Conference in June 2021 to disseminate results and encourage synergies;
- a digital platform running in 2021, to provide visibility of the activities and to promote e-learning and intercultural dialogue;
- involvement of the participants of the Training for Trainers in local actions in summer 2021, to put into practice the skills learned.