Are you a dynamic person who believes in international volunteering as a tool for self development and social transformation? Do you enjoy developing and implementing international projects? Do you have project management experience in an international context? If this is of interest to you, we invite you to apply for the CCIVS Project Officer Role.
Founded in 1948 The Coordinating Committee for International Voluntary Service (CCIVS) is a non-governmental, non-profit making international organisation (INGO) working for the development of voluntary service worldwide.
CCIVS connects and empowers 188 organisations, promoting and advocating for International Voluntary Service and its values locally and globally it acts as a link to establish relations between the members and international institutions such as the EU, different UN agencies or foundations. The CCIVS network creates campaigns and actions based on the idea that working together voluntarily on a concrete and meaningful task is the most effective way of creating international friendship and understanding, paving the way for social transformation and long lasting peace.
CCIVS actions focus on:
Networking and International Representation: CCIVS organises inter-regional projects of IVS organisations, global meetings and participates in institutional forums and high level meetings (UN, INGOS, public and private stakeholders) to defend the priorities of the International Voluntary Service Movement
Training and Capacity building: Trainings for volunteers, leaders, trainers and staff of IVS organisations to develop the organisational capacities of members
Communication and campaigns: CCIVS puts IVS organisations and other institutions into contact and provides information, materials and tools. Promotion of campaigns to raise visibility and strengthen the work of IVS organisations
JOB TITLE Project Officer
Short description of the position
After 70 years, The Coordinating Committee for International Voluntary Service – CCIVS is undergoing a reorganisation process. Fully supported by the CCIVS Executive Committee and existing Secretariat team, the Project Officer (PO) is responsible for leading the organisation’s international projects that align with its key mission and purpose. Specifically
they will be responsible for designing, implementing and evaluating the CCIVS projects including external projects proposed by CCIVS members and partners.
Location of the Position
The CCIVS Project Officer (PO) will be employed and work closely with the Development Officer (DO) in our Estonian based office in Tallinn.
- Design and search for funding for projects in line with the CCIVS Plan of Action;
- Implement, monitor and evaluate the ongoing CCIVS projects and those in which CCIVS is a partner;
- In line with the CCIVS Plan of Action make proposals and contribute to the conceptualisation of projects;
- Prepare reports (intermediate, final, content- and support the administrative officer with information for the financial reports) for CCIVS external projects;
- Coordinate the work of trainers and experts who contribute to the CCIVS projects; Maintain and consolidate relations with existing partners, funders and institutions.
We are looking for a dynamic individual who
- supports the aims and values of CCIVS and who believes in international voluntary service as a tool to promote a culture of peace and social transformation;
- has at least 2 years experience in managing international projects;
- demonstrated knowledge of and experience in managing international projects;
- has good intercultural communication skills and is able to work with volunteer driven organisations as well as with formal institutions;
- has an excellent working knowledge of English;
- is able to work independently as well as in an internationally, diverse and remote team;
- has problem-solving competences and enjoys working / dealing with challenges of different nature that occur in international projects;
- is stress resilient and ready to work long and flexible hours, when necessary.
The candidate must have the necessary paperwork to work in the EU, and the legal right to work in Estonia.
It is desirable that the candidate:
- has a strong affinity with volunteering and feels at ease in intercultural groups;
- is eager to learn and not afraid of setting up new initiatives or dealing with challenges;
- has a basic knowledge of Estonian (as the hosting country of the CCIVS office).
We offer the right candidate:
- A four month probation period, with the possibility of leading onto a full time long term contract.
- Office space is offered by our member EstYES,
- A part-time appointment (75%);
- The working hours are 30 hours per week according to local legislation. Working hours are flexible.
- Annual leave consists of 2.33 days per month according to the legislation
The salary may be negotiated based on experience.
All those interested in the CCIVS PO position may apply using the following link: https://form.jotform.com/211893707870363
Further details of the application procedure can be obtained from
CCIVS, UNESCO House, 75015 Paris, France.
Tel: + 33 1 45 68 49 36
Closing date for applications: 15 September 2021
Position to start: As soon as possible after the deadline for applications
CCIVS is an equal opportunities employer