Inclusive Voluntary Service for Peace (IVS4Peace) is an online course with 5 chapters. Each one can be studied on its own, as well as followed in order from 1 to 5. When you navigate between the different chapters, each will open in a new browser window.Find out your mission as you follow this course!
"EMpowering Youth’’ is a project funded by the Anna Lindh Foundation and the European Union and coordinated by CCIVS. The objective of the project is to improve the management and coordination skills of youth organisations and young trainers for future EuroMed projects, also to develop innovative online tools to ensure participation and promotion of volunteering. Within the project scope, CCIVS is organising a Training for Trainers that will equip 16 young trainers with skills to coordinate EuroMed Non-formal education activities.
The Training for Trainers is composed of two phases:
1. Global Online Training Sessions Phase
addressed to young people who would like to improve their skills and knowledge in the coordination and management of intercultural groups, using non-formal education tools to promote intercultural dialogue.
The online meetings will be interactive, will offer space to test and practice NFE education instruments, games, energisers, team building sessions and evaluation techniques. Specific sessions will deal with assertive communication, conflict management, intercultural communication. Participants will receive reading material, exercises and guidelines to further improve their skills and knowledge on the topic.
Schedule (participants will receive more information, including the starting time of the webinars, after their selection)
First meeting: Wednesday, 30 June 2021 (14:00 – 15:30 CET)
Intercultural dimension in NFE projects; Introduction on leadership styles; Decision-making process in intercultural groups; Conflict resolution techniques.
Second meeting: Wednesday, 7 July 2021 (14:00 – 15:30 CET)
Facilitation techniques to boost intercultural dialogue; Games in international groups – which, when, why and how; Creative evaluation sessions and reflection groups.
2. Local Training & Practical Phase (8 July – 25 August 2021)
After the online sessions, participants will be involved by their organisations in further actions, to be implemented during the summer; these will be opportunities to put into practice the skills and knowledge gained during the online modules, and to improve the experience in the field of non-formal education, group coordination, promotion of intercultural dialogue, youth work.
This phase could include:
- coordination of workcamps;
- organisation of local training for young people (pre-departure training for short- and long-term volunteers, training for workcamp leaders, training for trainers);
- seminars, promotional events, debates on non-formal education, intercultural dialogue, youth work;
- production of digital material related to the topics of the training for trainers, such us video, podcasts, interviews, promotional material, interactive online events among partners (such as video-conferences between a European and a MENA region partner to tackle intercultural issues);
- the involvement in the development of projects together with the organisation: meetings to design a project idea, activities, partnerships, application for grants etc.
Important: at the end of the action (workcamp, training, seminar, event), participants will create a one-page report, including their activity, the learning objectives, the challenges they met, signed by the participants and by the organisation.
The Raising Peace Campaign aims at strengthening and improving the visibility of the role of the International Voluntary Service movement in the construction of Peace and Human Rights, through raising awareness, training activists and making advocacy and networking. In the framework of the Campaign, CCIVS proposes an online Training Course focused on volunteering in conflict areas, featuring the following innovative elements:
- the presence of 2 experts from the Centre for Trust Peace and Social Relations (CTPSR) of the University of Coventry and the University of Leicester;
- the presence of a graphic harvester, who will accompany the group during a day of the course to provide graphic facilitation and production;
- interactive and creative non-formal education methods, proposed by 2 experienced trainers from the International Voluntary Service (IVS) movement, who will present contents focused on the history of the IVS movement and the impact of IVS workcamps and projects in peace-building, in the past and now;
- an online platform accessible to the participants, which will contain additional contents, reading material, homework and learning resources.
The VICA course aims at strengthen organisations' and participants’ commitment and capacity in the field of volunteering in conflict areas.
Its specific objectives are:
- to provide definitions and clarifications on key concepts: conflicts, reconciliation, international cooperation, volunteering in conflict areas;
- to develop skills, competences, and personal qualities needed to provide an active contribution in IVS peace projects, especially those implemented in conflict areas;
- to raise participants awareness and sensitivity on specific dynamics: conflict resolution, intercultural communication, volunteers’ expectations, gender and environmental issues, code of conduct and role of volunteers in conflict areas;
- to provide inputs.
- Teacher: Mauro Carta
EMpowering Youth – Improving Capacity for EuroMed youth projects is a project coordinated by CCIVS and funded by the Anna Lindh Foundation and the European Union. The aim of “EMpowering Youth” is to improve the management and coordination skills of youth organisations and young trainers for future EuroMed projects, to develop also innovative online tools to ensure participation and promote volunteering.
The project includes a series of Webinars on Project Management. The first 2 webinars will deliver the basis of project management. The third webinar will deal with the practical dimension of NFE projects, such as training, seminars, workcamps. The fourth webinar will focus on impact measurement, monitoring, and evaluation.
A Short Introduction to Eco-Technologies and Building with Earth
This e-learning course will teach you about traditional techniques in the field of environment and sustainability. By completing this course, you will understand the basic concepts of construction with earth systems and eco-technologies.
Project coordination and leadership: CCIVS
A Beginner’s Course for Growing an Edible Ecosystem in a Sustainable Way
• A Short Course by Kate Curtis
• E-learning and Media Design by Miki Ambrózy
• Helping hand - Karla Franielczyk
• Project coordination and leadership: CCIVS
This Organisational Development Training for IVS organisations is an open online course to support organisations in their
Going through the course will give a more systemic and systematic idea of your own organisation, will let you identify strengths and challenges and help you design strategies to have a more balanced and stronger organisation.
Contents and methods
The contents of the course are based on the STEPS methodology developed within CCIVS since 2016. The course has been run successfully in Africa, Asia, America and Europe with more than 30 organisations in the past years.
- Course creator: odi bazó