Let’s talk about Peace: Volunteer experiences from the field
- Voluntary camps inside the International Voluntary Service are experiences that impact not only the volunteers that participate but also the local community that is involved in the common goal of the project, especially when the cooperation is repeated over the year.
- Exchanges between organisations and creating new partnerships are the key of cooperation between organisations to improve relations.
- We should focus on the quality of the projects instead of the quantity to create a major impact.
- Peace starts with a change within ourselves and only then can we create peace in our communities.
- Pandemic should be an opportunity to enhance peace, create solidarity and change the priorities of the world we live in.
“We need the young generation to start thinking about the present. This is what you have to change today. We think about peace in the future too many times, we have to inspire and take action through these (voluntary) organisations.” Agustina Pessio
Publiée par Coordinating Committee for International Voluntary Service – CCIVS sur Lundi 21 septembre 2020