EMpowering Youth – Improving capacity for EuroMed youth projects
“EMpowering Youth” is a project funded by the Anna Lindh Foundation and the European Union (Call for Proposals 2020 – Initiatives of Intercultural Dialogue) and coordinated by CCIVS. We bring together the cooperation of 3 European partners and 4 partners from the MENA region. The objective is to improve the management and coordination skills of youth organisations and young trainers for future EuroMed projects. Furthermore, we seek to develop innovative online tools to ensure participation and promotion of volunteering.
To sum up, the project includes online and residential activities to be implemented within an 11-month timeline:
- An online networking meeting in December 2020, to define the next steps and the role of each partner;
- A series of 4 one-day capacity-building webinars in April 2021, to provide project management skills to 14 young staff members and youth workers;
- A residential Training for Trainers (TfT) planned in Morocco in May 2021, to equip 16 young trainers with skills to coordinate EuroMed NFE activities;
- An online Conference in June 2021, to disseminate results and encourage synergies;
- A digital platform running in 2021, to provide visibility of the activities and to promote e-learning and intercultural dialogue;
- Involvement of the participants of the Training for Trainers in local actions in summer 2021, to put into practice the skills learned.