Are you a dynamic person who believes in international volunteering as a tool for selfdevelopment and social transformation? Do you like to solve organisational challenges? Do you have organisational development experience in an international context? If this is of interest to you, we invite you to apply for the CCIVS Development Officer Role.
Founded in 1948 The Coordinating Committee for International Voluntary Service (CCIVS) is a non-governmental, non-profit making international organisation (INGO) working for the development of voluntary service worldwide. CCIVS connects and empowers 188 organisations, promoting and advocating for International Voluntary Service and its values locally and globally it acts as a link to establish relations between the members and international institutions such as the EU, different UN agencies, or foundations. The CCIVS network creates campaigns and actions based on the idea that working together voluntarily on a concrete and meaningful task is the most effective way of creating international friendship and understanding, paving the way for social transformation and long-lasting peace.
CCIVS actions focus on:
- Networking and International Representation: CCIVS organises inter-regional projects of IVS organisations, global meetings and participates in institutional forums and high level meetings (UN, INGOS, public and private stakeholders) to defend the priorities of
the International Voluntary Service Movement.
- Training and Capacity building: Trainings for volunteers, leaders, trainers, and staff ofvIVS organisations to develop the organisational capacities of members.
- Communication and campaigns: CCIVS puts IVS organisations and other institutions into contact and provides information, materials and tools. Promotion of campaigns to raise visibility and strengthen the work of IVS organisations.
JOB TITLE Development Officer
Short description of the position
After 70 years, The Coordinating Committee for International Voluntary Service – CCIVS is undergoing a reorganisation process. Fully supported by the CCIVS Executive Committee and existing Secretariat team, the Development Officer (DO) is responsible for, leading and overseeing the strategic change programs that align with the key mission and purpose of CCIVS. Specifically, they will be responsible for supporting any needs in the setting up of the new office in Estonia, whilst overseeing the general team coordination and focusing on the development of the network itself.
Location of the Position
The CCIVS Development Officer (DO) will be employed in the first stage by our Estonian member organisation EstYES and will work from their office based in Tallinn. Once the new office is fully functional the staff member will be employed directly by CCIVS.
- to support with the administrative obligations deriving from the creation of the new CCIVS Office in Estonia;
- to coordinate the team, support and guide the staff transition process to a horizontal and self-managed team structure;
- to ensure a good organisational functioning and management, and actively look for and follow up with funding sources to ensure the functioning of the organisation;
- to support in the development of tools and procedures to guarantee the proper followup and evaluation of all CCIVS work;
- to maintain and consolidate relations with existing members, funders and institutions and actively engage in expanding the network relations.
We are looking for a dynamic individual who
- supports the aims and values of CCIVS and who believes in international voluntary service as a tool to promote a culture of peace and social transformation;
- has at least 2 years’ experience in developing a trans-national or international organisation/NGO;
- has developed leadership competences;
- demonstrated knowledge of and experience in financial management, including budgeting and fundraising;
- has good intercultural communication skills and is able to work with volunteer driven organisations as well as with more formal institutions;
- has an excellent working knowledge of English.
- is able to work independently as well as in an internationally, diverse and remote team;
- is stress resilient and ready to work long and flexible hours, when necessary.
It is desirable that you
- have a strong affinity with volunteering but are also able to network with other organisations and partners around diverse issues that are important for the network;
- are eager to learn and not afraid of setting up new initiatives;
- have a working knowledge of Estonian (as the hosting country of the new office).
We offer the right candidate:
- A four-month probation period, with the possibility of leading onto a full-time long-term contract.
- Office space is offered by our members EstYES, it is a full-time appointment.
- The working hours are 40 hours per week according to local legislation. Working hours are flexible.
- Annual leave consists of 2.33 days per month according to the legislation
- The salary may be negotiated based on experience.
All those interested in the CCIVS DO position may apply using the following link
Further details of the application procedure can be obtained from CCIVS, UNESCO House, 75015 Paris, France. Tel: + 33 1 45 68 49 36 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications 15 September 2021
Position to start 1 October 2021
CCIVS is an equal opportunities employer